What is Equine Massage/Muscle Therapy?
Massage Therapy is the manipulation of soft tissue to achieve specific goals of drainage, relaxation or stimulation and to release and reduce muscle-related compromise such as trigger points and stress points. The healing function of massage therapy accelerates from injury and it contributes to the overall economy of the body and to its ability to function efficiently and healthfully.
What are the Benefits of Equine Massage?
When you feel your best, you perform your best. This is true for animals as well. Ensure that your horse performs to the best of his or her ability with equine massage muscle therapy.
Some Benefits Include:
- Increases blood flow
- Increase Range of Motion
- Improve Stamina
- Provide Comfort
- Improves Athletic Performance
- Reduces Muscle Spasm and relieves muscle tension and pain
- Increases emotional and mental relaxation
- Prevents and Relieves Stress
- Assists in Recovery Time from Injury
- Decreases inflammation in joints and releases endorphins, which alleviate pain
- Improves circulation to increase the supply of nutrients to the muscle groups
First Appointment includes:
- Assessment/Gait Evaluation
- Range of Motion Evaluation
One Hour Massage: $85.00
Outside 25-Mile Radius: $0.50/mile
(Additional Charges may apply. Please see requirements)
All sessions include a detailed report on what muscles and areas are tight. Along with recommendations for in between arena exercises and/or stretches.
- Your horse should be clear of clumps of dirt and manure. If moderate grooming is needed, a charge of $10.00 will be added to the session.
- Please have your horse prepared so it can receive a full hour massage.
- Please provide 24-hour advance notice if your horse in unable to attend the session. Full charge will be applied if advance notice is not given. Please see cancellation